Effective Communication Skills
2 – DAY WORKSHOP
This highly interactive program is designed to enhance your communication skills as an employee, supervisor or manager. You will learn effective tools and techniques for effectively interpreting communicative behavior and a variety of different day-to-day workplace situations such as meetings and telephone conversations will be examined.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is suitable for all employees (both management and non-management) who are looking to improve their effectiveness by exploring different methods of communication and skills.
- Introductions and Learning Objectives
- Importance of Effective Communication
- Listening Skills
- Keys to Effective Listening
- Types of Communication
- Group Meetings
- Interpersonal Communications
- Body language
- Understanding Emotions When Communicating
- Selecting an Appropriate Communications Medium
- Constructive and Destructive Outcomes for Managing Interpersonal Communication
- Communication Styles of the Myers- Briggs Type Indicator
- Generational and Cultural Issues that affect communication
- Giving/Receiving Constructive Feedback
- Action Plan, Summary and Evaluation